Navigating a shop update - some helpful pointers
Hello and thanks for reading this post. I'm guessing you're interested in visiting the shop during one of my shop updates. Here's a few helpful snippets ahead of the update.
- Shop updates are usually run in two parts. Newsletter subscribers generally have first access to shop updates and a link is sent to subscribers approximately 24 hours ahead of the update with a link to gain access to the update. The update is then opened up to everyone else. Details of the date of updates will appear on my website, in newsletters and on Instagram.
- If you're really keen to pick something up in the update then try and be online and logged in at go live time, with all your payment details ready. Shop updates can sometimes be busy!
- I usually have both ready to ship and made to order availability during a shop update. As all the project bags are handmade by me the numbers available will always be limited to what I can make in a sensible time but where there is further fabric available I will update that availability as soon as I can.
- When you place an order for a made to order item you'll receive an email from me within a few days letting you know when I'm expecting to make your order. I plan my post update making schedule in the order that orders are received. An estimated lead time will appear on the banner at the top of my shop - this is an indicator only and the actual time needed to make your items will depend on numbers of current orders.
- I can't unfortunately control that horrible issue of cart jacking (where you have something in your cart and by the time you've gone through the purchase process someone has made it through checkout ahead of you and your item is no longer available). I wish I could but I can't and I'm really sorry if it happens to you.
- Should any items sell out then the listings will say that more made to order availability will be added. However as a lovely supporter of Eldenwood Craft please do feel free to drop me an email after the update if there's something you'd hoped to get your hands on that has sold out (except the sheep bags, sorry - the fabric is not always available). When I reply I'll let you know if I'm able to make any more and what the expected time frame for this is.
- If you place an order and then come back later to order again before your original order has been shipped, I'll always try and ensure they go in the post together and refund some postage. I don't always spot where there are multiple orders though, especially when there's lots of orders coming in and going out at the same time, so do drop me an email with your order numbers and ask if they can be sent in one parcel, I'm very happy to sort that out.
- All the postage info is in the Helpful Information page on my website - it's worth a read before an update to be fully up to date on how orders are processed etc.
Hope that helps - but if you have any questions just drop me a message.
Happy shopping x